Wednesday, May 25, 2011

around the yard

The strawberries are doing great this year! We put some starts in last year and I'm excited to see what we get from them this year. I'm out of strawberry jam!


Our raspberries are still kind of small, but hopefully we get some yummy berries from these too. We put starts in last year. A project on our list for this summer is to get the posts and strings up to hold them if/when they DO get bigger.

Our lilac tree is my favorite part of our yard. When we were looking to buy this house and I saw that tree it just made me happy. And now it's just about to burst into full bloom.

Every time I see the irises I think of my mom. I was helping her clean out her iris patch last year and she let me take some of the extra bulbs home. The first few have bloomed just yesterday and they smell so yummy!

The apple trees surprised us. We just put them in a couple of months ago and they have blooms on them! I know we won't get any apples for a couple of years, but they sure look pretty with the little "popcorn" blossoms on them. We have one golden delicious and 2 honeycrisp trees.


And finally, are the empty and ready to be cleaned out and tilled up garden boxes. I bought some cherry tomato and Roma tomato plants, yellow squash, zuccinni, and some romaine lettuce today. So guess what my project for this weekend is! If it doesn't rain of course. :)



We have a great yard. It was one of the selling points for us on this house. Now that we are slowly getting our projects done each year, I love it even more!

1 comment:

Darren and Stephanie said...

I love the garden. It is coming along well.