Sunday, October 18, 2009

we love fall

I realize that it has been a long time since the last time I've posted anything. Believe me I tried many times, but other things came up that took me away! We have been doing so many things over the last few weeks. It's been crazy with Dylan starting school, Lola and Joy School, Meghan in general, church callings, and house hunting!

Lola started Joy School again about a month ago and she loves it. It was a little weird not having two kids doing JS, but it has been great for Lola. We are trying to do a lot more field trips this year and the first one was taking a tour of a farm! A family in our ward was kind enough to let us come to their small farm and they showed the kids around and let them pick vegetables and apples and let them taste the raspberries. It was so great! Here they are picking corn...
They had a few rows of apple trees...
And here they are digging up some potatoes.
It was fun and a little chilly. It started to rain during this last picture. They came home with lots of yummy good things to eat!

Last week the Joy School group went to the WSU apple orchard and picked apples. I took a few boxes and got some golden delicious and some red ones, I forgot what they were called, which I made applesauce out of. Lola was very happy to help me make "pink" applesauce. :) The goldens we are eating and will use for pies. YUM.



Last week Lola started her "pre-gym" class. She is too young to start soccer or dance and so we found a little gymnastics class for her through Parks and Rec. And I have to say I love it and so does she! The session only goes for 4 weeks, but I think we may have her go regularly. She loves to hop, skip and jump, and dance, so this is PERFECT for her! They do different obstacle courses, balance beam, trampoline, and dance to songs on the floor.

No comments: