Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kindergarten!

Here are the pictures from Dylan's first day of Kindergarten! This kid love everything about school. We live out of town a bit so he gets to ride the bus. And I think that was more of a highlight his first day than actually the school part. There is a family that we know who lives up the road and gets on just before Dylan does, so he sits with them on the way to school and then I pick him up.

He got up early on his first day and was ready to go to the bus stop about an hour early. He was so excited! We walked with him to the bus stop and played games while we waited. When he saw the bus coming down the hill he and Lola started jumping up and down and yelling, "There's the bus! There the bus! It's coming!" There are a few older kids that get on at bus stop too, so we waited for them to go first and Dylan waved to the bus driver and walked around the front of the bus to get on. I had to call to him for him to wait so I could at least wave and say goodbye him. The first thing that Lola said as we started waling back to the house was, "Mom, when is Dylan going to be back?"

Allen drove to the school and met Dylan as he was coming out of the bus and got to be there with the other parents as the Kindergarten kids went around the school with their teacher looking for letters. Sort a fun way to tour the school with them to find out where things are. They have little journals that they put things in that they're working on and then the journal come home each Wednesday so we can see what they have been doing in class. When his teacher started reading them all a story "Froggy Goes to School" that's when all the parents left.

I pick him up at 11:00 and when he came out of the school with his class it was so cute to see him there lined up with his classmates. He and another boy were talking as I walked up to him. When he saw me he ran up and gave me a huge hug. His teacher had to call him back so he could tell her that I was his mother. She knew I was, but it's just a safety thing that they have to do. As we were walking to the car he asked "Mom when do I get to do this again? When Do I get to ride the bus again?" It makes me so happy that he loves school!

2 comments:

Darren and Stephanie said...

He's so cute getting on the bus. How does he walk up those steps, they are so tall compared to him.

Crystal said...

awww what a big little man, they grow up too too quick huh? i was surprised by how much jocelinn lovesss kindergarten too. i loved that pic of him getting on the bus, great memory to catch on film.