You never realize how much someone means to you until they are no longer here. My Grandpa Cummings (my mother's father) passed away this week. Today has been a hard day for me...sort of a day of reflection and memories. I started looking at pictures and I thought I'd put some together for you all to see. I remember my grandpa as someone with a great sense of humor...he loved to tease and he always had a smile on his face. He loved watching or listening to the Mariners play, I loved playing cards with him and grandma, he always new how to ruffle her tail feathers. He was a hard worker and I love hearing stories about his life and his experiences. There is just something special about that generation. Grandpa was content to sit and watch and listen instead of always being a part of the conversation. I am just very grateful that my kids were able to meet him. I know they are young and probably won't remember him, but things like that are important no matter how old they are. Just being their together with family was what mattered. And we were able to get pictures of them with him too and I know they will appreciate those someday. After I posted this Dylan came up and said "Hey, that's Great Grandpa Cummings!" And I said, "Do you remember him when we went to visit?" And he said. "Yeah!" I just smiled.



3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. It's never easy losing a loved one.
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a comfort it is to know where our loved ones go when they pass from this life and how happy they must be reuniting with all of their family and friends who went before them. Still, it is hard for those they leave behind.
I love old black and white pictures. What a good looking man your Grandpa was. I'm sure he left behind some wonderful memories for you to share with your kids.
I found you have a blog yay!
On a more serious note sorry about your Gpa!
Post a Comment