Saturday, June 28, 2008
a morning to really think
This last week I've been at my parent's house with my kids and I needed to come home for the weekend, but Dylan and Lola stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and Meghan came home with me. She is napping right now and Allen is reading and my house is really quiet. And I've just had a few hours to just sit and really think... There are things in life that just have an affect on me and my mind just wonders from one memory, one emotion, one thought to the next. Sometimes life can get so hectic and it can being going so fast that when I get a moment to sit and really think. When all is quiet I really have a chance to be grateful. And I know that I am far from perfect and I appreciate the chances to try again... to try harder and do better. I love family. In the last few weeks I've been able to see a lot of family and even friends that I haven't seen for awhile. People that have known me for a long and remind me of what makes me happy... what drives me. Sometimes I get so involved in going through the motions from day to day that I forget the big picture. Now I know that it's important to make each day count, but it's also important to be looking toward what it is that we want from this life and make sure we are doing the things that will help us get there each and every day. And perfection would be ideal in this too, but our imperfections, our weaknesses help to strengthen us. They motivate us. We learn from our mistakes and move on and continue to have hope and faith as we work toward where we want and need to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment