What a great weekend we had! The kids had Thursday and Friday off from school for teacher work days and my parents came Thursday night. We were all excited to see Grandparents' Chamberlain again!
Tuesday night soccer games last week were a bit muddy. The sun was out but the fields were still soggy. This is a picture of Lola's team after her game as they lined up to give "good game fives" to the other team. The kids loved it getting all muddy! It was awesome to watch them get down and dirty playing soccer!
My birthday was on Friday and the kids were excited to help me open my gifts. The day was wonderful. It started off with me being the last one out of bed. (I opted for that chance rather than get up super early to go and swim laps.) Allen made a yummy breakfast of french toast, eggs, sausage and orange juice. And I had gotten all my laundry caught up the day before so I didn't have ANY laundry to do that day or dishes. :) I wasn't allowed in the kitchen pretty much all day! I went out to lunch with my mom and a friend at the Filling Station over in Troy. YUM. More relaxing and hanging out and then we all went out to dinner. After that we came home to presents and an awesome home made red velvet cake (Chamberlain family tradition since my great-great grandmother) After the kids went to bed, Allen I went out to see The Avengers. It was opening night and it was AWESOME. great entertainment for sure.

Anticipation!
Saturday was a beautiful day. Mom and I went to look at flowers at a local nursery and we had a family basketball game outside. Little man Isaac loves to play too!
Allen shooting a free throw shot. I fouled him apparently. The kids wanted him to shoot an underdog. He made it. But if you look at the roofline of the house you can see a black round shape? That is Allen's hat on the roof. I was shooting and Allen threw his hat up in the air to block it and his hat landed on the roof...and I made the shot. HA! :)Isaac's turn to shoot!
He also played the ref. We needed him!
My dad was working on family history indexing of the 1940 census while her was here and Dylan wanted to help him. Dylan love it. They did 3 batches together with Dylan tabbing and entering info.
Isaac LOVED the slide!
I took a picture of the kids with my mom and dad right before I took Dylan and Lola to school. It sure was quiet after everyone left! Allen had already left for work, the kids went to school, Meghan went to a friend's house and my parents' left for home. It was just me and Isaac all morning! We decided to get out in the yard and do some weeding and he helped me plant my hollyhocks that I got over the weekend. As I said at the beginning of this post...it was a wonderful weekend.














No comments:
Post a Comment