
Some friends of ours have a big, beautiful garden just outside of town and they had an abundance of green beans, so we headed out one morning with some more good friends last week to pick us some. The kids had a good time looking at and naming all the different vegetables growing in the garden.

Taking a little break from picking to jump on the trampoline.

Dylan did pretty good at finding the beans. Meghan enjoyed tasting them :)

The boys hanging out and watching all the work!

After awhile, Isaac was tired of his stroller, so I sat him close to me next to the onions. He LOVED it. It was neat to watch him run his little fingers through the dirt. And then, well...he tried some of it! I put in his plug to keep him from eating the dirt because he hadn't quite figured out the fact that he just needed to take it out to get what he wanted in. I guess the desire was enough for that little lightbulb to come on!

He was a complete mess but boys = dirt right?

The beans were so yummy. We came home and the next day we blanched them and then put them in bags for the freezer. I love spontaneous and fun outings like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment