Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the joy of something new.

We made it to the park yesterday! It was still a bit chilly, but the sun was out and we were determined to get out in it. The girls rode their bikes while I pushed Isaac in the stroller. (And whoever invented the type of stroller that lets you hook your infant car sit on it safely is a genious). He slept the whole way there and the whole way back. Moscow has several great parks, but the kids wanted to go to the "bear park", which is about a 35-40 minute walk from our house. It was so fun! The girls loved riding their bikes, Isaac got a little nap, and I got a great workout trying to keep up with the girls! We left the house in time to be at the park before Dylan got out of school, the park is just a block away. So I called the school and had him come over to the park instead of riding the bus home. The kids loved to finally be at the park! I has been so cold and rainy here for weeks.

I was sitting at the picnic table watching them play and I saw the baby swings. I looked over at Isaac and I realized that he could probably sit in one of those now! I sat him down and pushed just a bit and he just started smiling! It was super cute. These are the moments that I absolutely love as a mom. When your child experiences something for the first time and it just thrills them. He sat in that swing with me swaying it for about 30 minutes. My little man just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I am so grateful for him and his happy smile. It just lights you up and makes you smile too.

On the way home I got another great workout. (Sweet!) I had to give kudos to Meghan, she rode her little 3 wheeler bike all the way there and all the way home. She'd stop and pick up a stick or a pine cone and put it in the seat of her bike. And then continue on singing and talking to herself. Dylan and Lola took turns riding Lola's bike home. When one of them was riding the other trotted along side as they talked. It was a fun afternoon to be out in the sunshine.

No comments: