Wednesday, June 3, 2009

our last day of Joy School



So, today was our last day of Joy School. We had a review of all the year's 
units at the park. The kids sure had fun. And I remembered to take the 
camera! The kids went for a space flight to the huge spaceship (the water 
tower) and they pretended they were astronauts and read a really good 
book together "Because My Mom Said I Can". The kids helped make 
homemade ice cream and played at the playground, gave riding a "big" 
bike a try, had a yummy snack, and had fun learning about and wiggling 
their bodies. Susan had her camera there too, so I'll try to get some more 
pictures from her and post them.

Saturday we have our family BBQ and "graduation" for the end of year 1 
of Joy School.

We sure had a great time doing Joy School this year. If you're wondering 
what Joy School check out valuesparenting.com and click on the Joy 
School link. It is sooo worth it. It helped our kids so much and they loved 
everything about it and we moms loved it too! Can't wait for next year!

There are also a few pictures of Dylan in the beginning of the slideshow 
of  him mailing a letter to Grandma Chamberlain. We always go out and 
check the mailbox together and he was always sad that his name was 
never on anything we got, so I suggested that he should maybe write 
some letters to see if he got anything back. We went inside and I got out 
some paper, envelopes, markers, colored pencils, stickers, etc. and He 
had a whole list of people he wanted to write letters to, but after we 
finished the first one to grandma C. He was done. He drew her a picture 
and wrote her a letter, drew pictures on the outside of the envelope, 
put the stamp on and wrote his name on the outside. So I guess we're 
going to have to space out his letter writing a little to maybe one a day 
or something. Sorry everybody else. :) You'll just have to wait and see 
if you get a letter one of these days!

1 comment:

Moscow Monson's said...

I LOVE the ones with the kids peeking into the ice cream maker! I have all of the pics from memorial day in a file for you.

And seriously how cool would it look to have 3 buses in front of your house, one for each! HA!!