Tuesday, March 3, 2009

outside, sticker charts, and sick little ones

Here are a few pictures that I've taken over the last days of February. It 
starts with the kids playing outside on a warmer day than usual. They 
had so much fun riding their trikes and exploring the yard, and playing 
on the swings. This was Meghan first chance to walk around and explore 
outside. She walked around everywhere just looking at this and that and 
she always had something in each hand: a rock, pinecone, golf ball, or a 
leaf. And she was very quiet as she ventured. It was like she was taking it 
all in and just so happy to doing it.

The next set of pictures are ones of the sticker charts that Lola and Dylan 
are working on right now. If I want to motivate my kids to do something, 
weather it be educational, like these ones are, or goal setting, like "potty 
charts" when we were doing that last year, bring out the stickers! Take 
10 minutes and make a chart and they are ready! And if one gets to put a 
sticker on their chart than the other one wants to put one up too. "Well 
then", I'd say "let's go ahead and do your ....and you can put one up too." 
Sticker charts are like a moth to a flame for these two. I hope it lasts a 
long time!

And finally we have pictures of Lola and Meghan a few days ago and I'm 
sad to say that they are actually doing the same thing right now. The kids 
have been sick over the last week or two and Dylan all but better, but it 
seems to be hanging on to Lola and Meghan. I came out into the living 
room from the kitchen on this day and they were sitting like that on the 
couch. It was too cute, even though they're sick, I went and got the camera. 
It wasn't until after the first few pictures that I noticed that Lola had her arm 
behind Meghan. "I'm holding Meghan, Mama." It was so precious. Even 
though she's not feeling well, she wanted to help her little sister feel better 
by showing a little love. So hopefully we will get over this soon. It's so sad 
when they are sick! The sickness has passed by me the past two times it's 
decided to come to our house and I'm hoping that it will stay that way.

We leave for Ephrata soon and the kids, and me and Allen, are so excited to 
go to grandma and grandpa's house. If there are 4 people that my kids talk 
about all the time it's "Grandma and Grandpa" and "Grandma Tash and 
Grandpa Allen". They are referred to pretty regularly around here.

No comments: