Dylan "Yeah my brother, he's coming later."
Me and Allen "Yes, later, yes very good."
Grandma Chamberlain "And where is he coming from? Where is he now?"
Dylan "In Montana and he's coming with a parachute."
Everyone (Laughter...with tears and everything.)
Grandpa Chamberlain "He's in Heaven waiting to come here"
Dylan "Yeah, he's in heaven and his name will be like mine...Dylan and Daddy's and Grandpas names."
Me "You mean he'll have a boy's name?"
Dylan "Yeah, he'll have a boy's name. (pause) And my little sister will have a girl's name like Lola and Meghan, but it won't be those names."
Allen "Oh really? So there is a another sister coming too?" (All of us have our mouths dropping open at this point, shaking our heads and chuckling.)
Dylan "Yeah" (said with big eyes and a confident nod of the his head)
Me "Alright let's say prayer so we can eat." (Smooth change of the subject.)
There are so many moments that we have with our children that I wish my own head was a video camera and all I would have to say was "record" to keep it forever. I love seeing the world from the eyes of a child. So much simpler and black and white...no gray areas. I guess we'll have to wait and see what becomes of Dylan's "predictions". We hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
2 comments:
I love these conversations! We'll be waiting for the next big announcement! :)
Hmmmmm! My nephew did that with my sister and he was right! Watch out!
Post a Comment