Allen and I love fall. The smells, the beautiful trees changing colors, jumping in leaf piles, the beginning of another school year, and harvest time. It does get a little colder, but who doesn't like to layer up and get cozy? On Saturday we went to the WSU farm for the "harvest party". The kids had fun walking through the pumpkins and finding the perfect ones. There were also free hay rides and face painting, and yummy hot apple cider to drink. Yum! And after I downloaded the following pictures I realized the order is backwards...so enjoy them from the end to what we did first!
Allen and Meghan enjoying the hay ride around the farm. We sat toward the front and Dylan was right where he could watch the tractor pulling us. We couldn't get his attention for anything.
We had to wait a bit for our turn on the hay ride. The kids and I waited for Allen to get back from taking the pumpkins to the car. They had bails of straw to sit on. Meghan, however, had a great time crawling around in the dirt.
The kids watched the other people picking out their pumpkins while we waited in line to pay for ours.
They provided carts for you to carry your pumpkins...good thing because we had 5! The kids loved the ride in the cart too.
Dylan and Lola wandered around the pumpkins and made sure we had enough for all of us. "Here's one for Daddy, oh and Meghan, here's Meghan's it's little." It was a beautiful and fun day for our family. And every year we get together with friends and do "pizza and pumpkins". We carve pumpkins, eat pizza and play other games and eat yummy homemade pumpkin cookies. Ohhh, I can't wait! Next week we're going to go and pick apples and make apple cider...I'll post some pictures from that too.
2 comments:
So fun! I LOVE fall too! I like that it cools off but I don't like when it finally snows! Like this last weekend. Yuck!
aww cute post! I'm really happy about fall too! I love the holidays and chilly winds. And really cute pictures, you look adorable in the 2nd one :D
Post a Comment