"Ok Lola, let's go get in bed. And we need to be very quiet because Dylan and Meghan are trying to sleep too."
Walking back in their room Lola says, "I want to sleep in your bed."
And I said, "Well, mommy and daddy need their bed to sleep in, and you have your big girl bed with your quilt and pillow and your Care Bear."
Getting in to her bed she simply says, "No."
"There we go sweetie, let's lay down now....What song do you want me to sing?"
Lola says, "No."
Now, from past experience I've learned that the longer I stay the worse it gets, so I kissed her and said good night and quietly walked out of the room and she was still sitting up in her bed. Over the next little bit I listened for her as I continued what I was doing and I didn't hear anything after awhile so I figured she had gone to sleep. Well, when Allen and I headed up to bed I noticed that the door to Lola and Dylan's room was open...? I mentioned this to Allen because it was dark in the hall and I didn't think it would be good if we stepped on her. But she wasn't in the hall, so Allen checked her bed and she wasn't there either, so I went to our room and noticed a dark shape laying on our bed in the darkness. As I walked to feel if it was her I just smiled and whispered to Allen that she was on our bed fast asleep. Sweet girl. She had snuck in to our room and climbed up on our bed to go to sleep. And she barely stirred as Allen picked her up and took her to her bed. Lola enjoys being two and sometimes a little too much, but there are times when she is just so cute.
2 comments:
aww that's adorable :)
and I'm glad to hear you guys are waiting a year to put dylan in school, makes me feel better about my decision to wait with jocelinn, I'm never really sure if I'm making the right decisions when it comes to her because I don't have anyone else to help me with them, don't have many friends with kids her age so I don't have other peoples points of view to look at. So I'm really glad to get both yours and jenni's because I know you're both wonderful people, and I'm sure wonderful mommys.
and im soooo happy you guys have this thing! I love reading up about you guys
Okay Wendy... have you been blog stalking me this whole time and not leaving comments? I just saw your blog on Crystal's and now I have a lot to catch up on.. and I am a big comment leaver so be prepared! Looks like you have been as busy as I have been, we are keeping up with each other on the baby making front! ;) And we both have Dylans! Can't wait to read all about what you guys have been up to for the last 5 years? Time flies.
Post a Comment