Thursday, February 21, 2008

RELIEF TO ALL

As I sat down to write the first subject that came to mind was "relief". The past two months have been crazy for us, but we are finally coming to the light at the end of the tunnel. January and in to February we had so much snow...record breaking for this area. But after many mornings of shoveling the sidewalk, scraping off the cars...digging them out at times, checking the news each morning to check the roads and to see if the Washington State University had closed that day (Allen's work) there was relief. After a few chilly days after the storms it has gradually gotten warmer and the snow is melting. This week it has been in the 40s and it should be getting warmer and warmer as the weeks go on. Relief has also come to our little family in the form of recovery. The last 3 weeks have been filled with fevers, sleepless nights, lots of rocking, hugs, back rubs, medicine, nose wiping, sneezes, not eating, coughing, prayers, and blessings. But we are all better...almost. We still have a nose wipe here and there, and Allen is taking antibiotics for his sinus infection. But the sun is out. The kids are sleeping and eating great again and it is almost the weekend. RELIEF!!!
To show you just how happy the kids are to not be sick anymore I've included some pictures that I took of them today. 



I have yet to get a picture of Lola holding Meghan that's a good one. I actually took one during this little photo session but Lola wouldn't hold still long enough for me to be able to let go of Meghan to take the picture. But we had fun and they trotted off to play after I took Meghan from them. And we live on through it all! We hope you are doing well and enjoying some relief too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allen and Wendy ~ Seeing the kids grown thru the pictures and emails you send has been such a pleasure and this blog is amazing! It's obvious how happy the kids are and how much they love each other . Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more.
Your friend~ Teresa

Nicole said...

Wow! It sounds like we have been living in the same house the past few weeks! I am glad everyone is starting to feel better! It is slowly warming up here as well. It is raining today instead of snowing, so I guess that is something to be happy about! I love the new things you've added to your blog.