Lola a.k.a. "constant motion". I cannot get a picture of this girl that's not blurry or when she's smiling to save my life. She is our crazy girl who loves to run, jump, bounce, and dance. The other night she started a family dance party in the kitchen that eventually moved to the living room with the furniture moved around so we could really have room to shake things up. One of these days I'm hoping to get some video of it. The only time she's not moving is right after she wakes up. She loves to cuddle for a few minutes before playing again. And when she's sitting in front of the bookcase looking at book after book. She'll sit and look at books for a long time-she'll look through one and set it aside and then get another one off the shelf and on and on. We like to think of Lola as a switch sometimes, but oh so lovable and fun.
Dylan loves to hold Meghan. It's so fun to watch him with her and hear him talk to her. He's such a sweet big brother. When this picture was taken he held her for almost 10 minutes and she was perfectly happy hearing him talk and sing to her. Dylan has grown up so much these last few months. He loves working puzzles and playing "school" where he's learning to cut with scissors and glue everything he can find into his Superman notebook. It's amazing how the simple things can be so fun for a kid. We got him a puzzle for Christmas. It's one of those 25 piece - age 3+ ones and I worked it the first couple of times with him, but just showing him what to look for--matching colors and looking at the completed picture to find where the pieces go. At first he always wanted me to help him until one time I couldn't come and help him because I was feeding Meghan and I told him that I would help him after I was done, but for him to keep working on it until I got there and a little while later I heard him call from the other room..."I did it! Mom I did it! Come look and see, I did it all by myself!" It was such a great moment for him. He does that puzzle so much, so yesterday we went and got him another one and the first thing he did when he got home was ask me to open his puzzle. And he put that thing together in no time. We like to call him the "puzzle man". Little miss Meghan is such a happy little thing. She'll be 3 months old at the end of this week, which is crazy for me to think about. She smiles all the time with her whole body and she's rolling over to her side now. But mostly she loves watching people. She loves it when the kids are playing right next to her or when Allen and I are talking to her.
Another week of fun-sometimes productive and other times chaotic, but go ahead and bring on the next one.
3 comments:
Wendy! It was such a wonderful surprise to hear from you and so fun to read through your blog. Your family is adorable! I'll link yours to mine too, so we can keep updated. love you!
kristie
It's so great to hear what your kids are like and what they are interested in right now. Lola sounds a lot like Annika--a mover and a shaker. Annika loves to read books also. I can't believe our little girls are three months old! It goes so fast!
For some reason Tony is signed into the blog with his email. That last comment was actually from me.
Nicole
Post a Comment