Yesterday the soccer fields were finally dry enough to, wait I should say, not totally under water enough for the games to begin last night! Dylan and Lola were so excited! The fields were still a bit muddy wet and it was very cold, but the kids sure didn't seem to mind!We had everything ready to go so that when Dylan got home from school we headed up to the church first to help the activity day girls tie some quilts and then we headed to Mountain View Park. Dylan's game was first. It was so neat to watch him play again. He loves it so much. They were short a few players, but they did so good and had a lot of fun. I always love watching the first game, because the kids are out there trying to remember what to do and how to play. And then by the end of the season they're doing some really cool stuff. Dylan even had a great little cross over right in front of the goal!
While we were at the church Lola kept saying that her stomach hurt. We covered all the usual culprits of a stomach ache, but it still seemed to hurt. We realized that it might be nerves. It being her first time ever playing soccer, that made sense. But when it was time for her team to get out there and warm before the game she had a huge smile on her face and was playing around with her teammates. A few minutes into the game she said to me, "Mom! I'm not nervous anymore!" and off she went. I was a very proud mama.

This is Lola and her teammate Stella waiting their turn to go back in the game. They were having a lot of fun together! I'm glad I'm coaching Lola's team. Soccer is just a cool sport and it's neat to teach these little people the rules of the game and how much fun it can be to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment