Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a new year...time to restart

Allen and Dylan watching one of the many bowl games. Didn't there used to be only like four of those?

A new year! What a great thing. Time to rethink, restart, and recommit. As you can see I'm feeling quite motivated and who knows how long it will last, so I'm trying to start this year off right! Here's to completing unfinished projects, enjoying our new home, getting to the temple more often, fulfilling callings, helping the kids with school, being a taxi driver, staying out of debt, getting my haircut on a regular basis, playing referee, enjoying this time when my kids are young, being patient or trying to be, making it to choir, reading books to my kids, remembering birthdays, seeing a few good movies, putting in a garden, and trying not to be to distracted as I go throughout my day. I told you I felt motivated.

I came across a really good idea that I've already begun for myself. It is called "One Little Word" from Ali Edwards' blog. http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2009/12/one-little-word-2010.html Her idea has really helped me get this new year started. You can read her original post about the idea here.

My word for 2010 is COMMITMENT

I have this one word on my desktop and it really has helped me already. As I start my day I begin with a list (I am a BIG fan of lists) I feel more motivated (there's that word again) to get things DONE and not only that, but getting them done WELL. So here's to a new year! Let it begin.
to read more about my "one little word" goals please go to my other blog.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I LOVE lists too!!!!