Tuesday, April 28, 2009

new friends and puzzles

Last night Dylan had another soccer game and it was so fun! The kids on his team do better every game. They were going after the ball and keeping up with the other team-it was great. And you could tell that they're becoming friends too. They were chasing each other around with the soccer ball and laughing together before the game started, giving each other high-fives during the game and just having fun. During the game Dylan was sitting with his teammate and friend, D-waiting to go back in the game. They were cheering for their team and laughing together so I turned around and got a picture of the two of them. I love watching kids make new friends-it's so natural for them...so easy.
A few days ago the kids were around the house doing various things that they like to do...playing while I did housework, projects, etc. So I quietly got the camera and took this picture of Dylan working on his Mickey puzzle. He loves doing puzzles and I love to hear him make up songs and stories and he's working on them. It reminds me of when I used to do puzzles when I was little. 
It's only Tuesday and already this week is crazy with so much to do. Meghan has her 18 month check-up this morning and then it's off to Costco--that's with all three kids, and I went to the store and back before 8am! And we've got Joy School tomorrow and Thursday, meetings, soccer games and Grandma and Grandpa are coming on Saturday for the weekend! The kids are so excited. We are counting down the days. It's nice to have things to do. Makes me appreciate when I can just sit down at the end of the day and read a book...or go to bed early! 

1 comment:

Our Family Adventures said...

Allen, It was fun to see your link on the SFHS website. You have a beautiful family!--Melissa Hurst James