Hope everyone has a happy new year! It's 2009 for crying out loud! Loves to everyone.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
bavarian village, lollipops and snowball fights!
Yesterday we went up to Leavenworth, WA with my parents. I love that place. It's this cute little bavarian village north of Wenatchee going in to the Cascade mountains. There are all these fun gift shops, cafes, sweet shops, Christmas decoration, music, and lots of people. There is a little sledding hill that a lot of kids were having fun with. Dylan really wanted to go, but we weren't exactly prepared for it. The kids had fun in this great toy shop. They had barrels of play rifles and pirate guns that Dylan, Allen and Grandpa had fun with."You'll shoot your eye out!" Lola and I had fun in the hat shop. Every kind of hat imaginable. Lola's favorite phrase was (giggling) "Put this one on mom!" So fun. And of course with all the snow we had a bit of snowball fun. Dylan was chucking them everywhere, but Lola didn't like having them thrown at her, but boy she loved throwing them at us. She'd ask me to make them for her and then she'd turn around and throw them at me! Meghan was having fun walking around in the snow, but we don't have gloves for her, so when she slipped or lost her balance she'd go down hands first in the snow. They were cold, but it didn't seem to bother her much...me being the mom, I was a bit worried, but she just wanted to get down and explore this new wonder of white stuff. Grandpa got the kids lollipops, so after awhile Dylan's tongue was all green...nice. And Grandpa tossed a snowball at Lola and it landed on the back of her neck...inside her coat. As you can see from the picture, she wasn't to thrilled about it. But boy was our trip fun. It's just so beautiful of there and Mission Ridge is just further up the mountain, so there were lots of people in their "ski gear". I've only been skiing about 3 times in my entire life and I fell...a lot, but it was really fun! Hope you enjoy our pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun I haven't been there forever!
I love Leavenworth. Sound like a fun day, and I love all the pictures!
Your kids are just too cute! Looks like you had a great Christmas. We have the Christmas Eve jammie tradition too.
I loved that conversation with Dylan. Kids scare me with the things they same sometimes. I nearly always forget them before I have time to write them down.
It looks like your family had so much fun. Your kids are getting so big. I miss having you guys here. Your pictures are all so good.
What a cute little village! I wish we could have come with you guys! The kids would have LOVED the snow since we don't get any in the South. I love the pictures. You got some really good ones. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas, and it looks like you had a great time with your parents.
Your kids look like they belong in the Swiss Alpes with all that blonde hair and those rosy cheeks! Picture perfect.
aww, gorgeous pictures i lovee the one of your little girl with her grandpa right? yeah where she's all upset :P too cute. sorry haven't been on here much, we're doin great over here how are you?
Post a Comment