Saturday, October 25, 2008

10 little things that make me smile.

Thanks to Crystal for tagging me. I liked this one.

10. We had the primary program last week and being up there and helping the kids with their parts and listening to them sing all the songs was so great. They did such a beautiful job and looking in all their cute faces as they sang just warmed my heart. I felt the spirit from beginning to end. They make me smile every Sunday.

9. Lola loves to dance and sing. I have been told that she is a little me, but I love watching her especially when she doesn't know I am because it's just that much cuter. But when she does catch me I just smile at her and she smiles back and laughs and just keeps going! She is so fun and usually the one her starts our little dance parties.

8. Our new word for Meghan is "perserverence". This doesn't make me smile all the time but...
per se ver ance
noun
1 steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success : her perseverance with climbing up the stairs that are blockaded, going in the bathroom and exploring the toilet, finding every little thing on the floor and putting it in her mouth, and her ability to tilt her head and smile at her mother when she is caught for the 100th time illustrates her sense of humor | a one-year old is an age that requires dedication and perseverance...apparently.

7. I had a conversation with Dylan the other night before bed about Jesus Christ, the resurrection, families being together forever, death and afterward, and why we are here. Yeah, I know. I had just said the family prayer and Dylan asked me... 
"Who died?"  (Now that was a weird thing for me to hear after saying a prayer and Allen was up at the church that night so I was on my own to figure this out.)

"What do mean Dylan?" (buying some time to rack my brain)

"Who just died?"  (And then I remembered that in my prayer I had said thank you for Jesus Christ and how he died for us, etc.)

Now I don't remember everything else word for word, but I wish I did but it was a good 5 minute conversation with my 4 year old son. And after I'd taken them upstairs and tucked them in I went and sat down on our bed and just thought about what had just happened. Those were pretty deep questions and it made me smile that I was able to talk with Dylan about them and I felt he understood. I was able to bear my testimony to him in a way that he could understand. I told Allen about it when he got home and he said something that made me smile more. That we have the answers to those questions. We have the gospel that teaches us these things and I just felt so grateful for the gospel. I love Dylan so much and it just blows me away at how young these kids can feel the spirit and have these questions in their minds. And understand the answers!

(Sorry these answers are getting a little deep. Must be a little thoughtful on this Saturday morning.)

6. When Allen comes home from work and the kids get all excited to see him. I love it when he comes home. Everything is better.

5. The holiday season...you can feel the excitement in the air!

4. When I hear the kids playing together and they are making up stories and pretending whatever is in their little heads at the time.

3. When the kids want to help me in the kitchen.

2. Getting on that scale and watching the numbers get smaller and smaller.

1. Walking out of the temple with Allen.

Now I tag...Holly M., Nicole J., Jenny M., and Shalyce J. - Love ya!

3 comments:

riggs family said...

you are such a good mom!! I love ya wends!!!

Crystal said...

a really big "awww" to #6, and im with ya on the one about the holiday season :) i love this time of year :) i can't wait for december to come around! im so putting up Christmas decorations up the day after thanksgiving lolll. & i love it when jocelinn helps in the kitchen too, but she tries to take over lolll she wants to do everything :P you're a really great mommy :) ttyl

<3 Crystal

Jenni said...

Good one. I relate to a lot of those. Number 9. is my Ryli- mini-me and full of personality, 8. is my Cade (2 years old and every bit of terrible so maybe tollerance more than perserverance), 6. I feel the exact same about, 4. makes me smile out loud every time, 1. is one that is true that I would never have thought of. Isn't life great?