family camping fun at Robinson State Park

(click to enlarge)
When Allen has an extra day off work to be home with us we try to get out and do something fun together. And since he didn't have to work on Monday we went camping for the day! It was so much fun and the kids loved running around, helping daddy set up the tent, watch him build the fire, help me unload the picnic basket, and play baseball together. Meghan crawled around, but she wouldn't leave the blanket or the tent so it was nice to have her stay in one place and just be happy to play by herself and watch everything going on around her. There was a slide and swings and a baseball field at the campsite so we got some really fun pictures and video. The kids had a lot of fun roasting their hot dogs and marshmellows for their s'mores. Lola did try a bight of her s'more, but didn't want to finish it. "Too sticky mommy." We got a cute picture of her taking her bight. Dylan was excited to play catch with daddy-we got him a glove for his birthday. We did get a baseball game going--of sorts. Lola wanted to bat standing on home plate and Dylan enjoyed being catcher while daddy pitched. The best part though was chasing the kids around the bases after they hit the ball. They were laughing too hard to go to them in the right order though. Lola and I had fun twirling while on base when Dylan was up to bat. After all the fun we went for a walk around the campsite and over the bridge and it shook a bit as we walked across so we decided that shimmying and shaikng ourselves was the best way to go over it. We packed up and headed home and the kids were worn out and ready for bed when we got home! It was such a fun and beautiful day together!
(click to enlarge)

7 comments:
What a great idea! You guys are the cutest parents!!!
--Lynette
Aren't families the BEST?!!! You guys are such a FUN family, you have very lucky kids to have such wonderful parents!
Hi again! For Joy School info, go to www.valuesparenting.com/joyschool. It was created by a prominent LDS couple. They have a great website. You have a sign-up fee ($50), and then you pay for the lessons ($70 which also includes music cd's), but it is only a 1 time fee for your whole family, so you will have access to the lessons for the rest of your life. Let me know if you have anymore questions, although I am just learning myself. :)
Cute pics! Aren't you just going to miss summer?! I do NOT want winter to come yet! You know how Rexburg is. It'll probably start snowing as soon as it's Oct. 1st! AHH!
Wow!! Where have I been you already have 3 kids I thought it was only 2. Crazy!! You have a very cute family!!
aww wow haven't heard from you guys in so long! since i changed my email and what not. you guys are so cute! i can't believe you have 3 kids!!! i remember wendy sitting in church pregnant with the first one, so proud that she could set her hymnal on her tummy like a table lolll. im glad you guys have a blogger, i didnt' know what it was until i got an invite from jenni alvies, which was my young womens leader before wendy was. your family is beautiful!!! always knew you guys would make some gorgeous kids, glad to see how great you guys are doing :)
-crystal mccovey
Wendy, I just LOVE your blogs! I just feel like I am right there with you all as I read your great stories about all the fun you all have every month! and of course the pictures are wonderful - you are such a beautiful family! By the way, how can I get a copy of the AWESOME family picture at the top of your blog? I can't live without it!! It's a "grandma" thing! Please!!! Love to you all!
Post a Comment