Monday, May 5, 2008

a birthday weekend

As you can see from the pictures below we had a fun weekend. It was nice and warm so we enjoyed get out in it let me tell you. Early Saturday morning Lola and I went to get flowers and potting soil so we could put them outside on the porch. The kids had fun helping me scoop dirt in the pots and watering them when they were done. Allen made me a flower box out of an old wood pallet and the kids loved helping him with that. Dylan got all of his tools out and they were hammering and sawing every bit of it. They rode their bikes around and played in their fort behind the tree. While the kids were sleeping that afternoon Meghan and went to Bed Bath and Beyond to spend my gift card. That was a great time! I got all those little things that I had been wanting to get for the kitchen that just make my time in it a little easier and fun. 
Sunday we BBQ'd after church for my birthday dinner and Allen and the kids made me a brown cake with pink frosting. They still remember what kind of cakes they had for their birthday too. While they were all singing "Happy Birthday" Meghan went for the cake and she grabbed a big chunk out of it as I was blowing out the candles. She was trying so hard to get it to her mouth. If it hadn't been a chocolate cake I probably would have let her. :)
Some of the other pictures are from last week. Dylan loves to hold Meghan during books before bed. And she just sits there sucking on her thumb and holding on to her blanket.
We are all enjoying spring and hope that it sticks around for awhile instead of going right into summer in a month! Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Hafen Crew said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday. I hope the weather stays warm for you too. They made you one cute cake. I love that Allen and the kids made it. I'm glad you had a good weekend. Happy Birthday!