
The last few weeks for our family have been busy, fun, and full of change. We went to my parents house for Lola's birthday and we were just going to stay for the weekend, but I ended up staying there for about 2 weeks. We have a great time there and the kids love it. They feed horses and ride four wheelers with Grandpa, read books and color with Grandma, playing with the little people and GI joe action figures from when I was little, and they love playing with their cousins that live next door. We also drove over to Bremerton to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Cummings. During the drive over Dylan asked who we were going to see and I told him "Great Grandma Lola and Great Grandpa Al." They seemed to think it was fun that she has the same name as Lola. And we all had a great time. We got there at lunch time so we ate in their room and than Grandma took us for a walk around to see some of her friends and the kids liked riding the elevator and exploring the place. After that we colored, and read books together. Dylan sat in Grandma Lola's lap and she read him a few books and I'm very happy to say that I got in on video! Yeah. We stayed there a few hours and than headed for home, but along the way we had to stop at the factory outlets in North Bend to do a little shoe shopping for the kids. It was a long day and most of it was in the car, but it was worth it and the kids were really great. After being away from home and daddy for so long we are all very happy to be back together at home. Now that we've unpacked and settled back in to the swing of things I've taken it upon myself to organize, declutter, clean and beautify. I don't know if it's just from being gone for so long, or that I am physically up to it or what, but wherever the motivation is coming from I am acting on it. This morning we went up to the church for the ward Easter egg hunt and when we got home the kids were playing outside and I came in to make lunch, etc. but after I went out with them and started cleaning up the yard. It felt so good to get out in the fresh air and work. The kids played and Allen stayed in and played with Meghan since it was still a little chilly for her to out, but I don't think he minded one bit because he got to hang out with her and watch college basketball. Which I am glad he got to do because he hasn't really been able to much this season. So the kids helped me rake the yard, pull out old growth around the bushes and pick up the many sticks and branches that had blown off the trees throughout the winter. I'm so happy that's it spring. I'm excited to plant some flowers, let the kids out and play, go to the park, and enjoy the sunshine. So nice. I mentioned above that there have been some changes around here for us, and one is about sweet Meghan. She has grown up so much over the past two weeks. She is rolling over, she has two teeth coming in, we started her on rice cereal this morning and she loves watching the kids play--Dylan is the only one that can get her to giggle-which is the cutest thing, and she loves following sound. Anything she hears she has to find it. She is now 5 months for crying out loud. The other big change has to do with with Lola. While we were at my parents she slept in my old room on a big bed surrounded by pillows and did great, but Allen and I were a little concerned about her willingness to go back to her crib when we got home so we decided to take this opportunity to move her to a big girl bed in with Dylan. And so far it has been successful. She took to it right away and it has helped Dylan too because been a little afraid to go to bed lately so having them together has helped them both. And it's so cute we head upstairs when its time for naps or bedtime and they climb into their beds and I tuck them in and they each pick a song for me to sing. It's just so cute to see them so happy to be together. And moving Meghan into the crib in Lola's old room has been so nice for her too...and us. I guess I'm a little long winded tonight. I didn't even talk much about Lola's birthday. I guess you can just watch the slideshow of the pictures from it. We did all of her favorite things-bubbles, coloring, making cookies, and she loves the color blue so she had a blue cake. Such a cutie. So...I better end it I guess. It's after 10:00 and after my bedtime. We hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Sunday. Happy Spring!
1 comment:
It's so great to hear what is going on in your family! It sounds like you had some nice time away from home, which is always good. That is so exciting that Dylan and Lola are sharing a room and Meghan is in the crib! How great! I want Annika and Aly to eventually share a room too. By the way, I like the tulip backdrop in your header! :)
Post a Comment